Thank you for your interest in Heart and Soul Tae Kwon Do! The information below is being provided to give new students an idea of what to expect when they come to their first class. Please contact Master Jakki if you have questions about your first day that aren't addressed below.
What to expect:
- Classes are an hour long. Adult class may go slightly longer, depending on the availability and enthusiasm of the students.
- Class will begin with a 10 to 20 minute long warm up. Warm ups include dynamic stretches designed to loosen up muscles and help prevent injury. There are several formats of warm ups, depending on the lesson plan for that day.
- There will be short water breaks (less than 1 minute) throughout class.
- Martial Arts practice is fun, but can also be hard work. Please be prepared to sweat!
Below are some basic preparation steps to follow before coming to class. Please be sure to:
- Bring a water bottle. Please avoid bringing anything carbonated, or drinking immediately before class, as it likely will not sit well with the movement required during class.
- Trim fingernails and toenails. Tae Kwon Do means "Martial Art of Kicking and Punching" - long nails can cause injuries to both the student and to classmates.
- Wear comfortable clothes. Clothing should be loose fitting and something that the student will not mind sweating in. (Alternately you can purchase a Uniform immediately, although not required until your first belt testing)
- Leave jewelry at home, or bring a safe container for jewelry to be stored in during class. Rings, necklaces, earrings, and other items can cause injuries to both the student and to classmates.
© COPYRIGHT HEART & SOUL TKD 2020.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.